Knowing Is In the Doing
Hi, I am Kathleen Lockyer
Medication is a quick fix band-aid and clinic-based therapies are limited by the literal walls that house them, using environments that are man-made and contrived.
The Nature-Led Approach© uses techniques that honor the core design of the human neurological system, and we witness miracles every day. You can love your work again. Change is possible. Bring joy to what you do. Read More Here
Occupational therapists assist individuals to
develop, recover or maintain skills for the job of living.
– American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
In gratitude and with respect,
I send a thanks to the wisdom keepers of the Haudenosaunee people for offering the human family the “Words before all else”- “The Thanksgiving Address” Honoring “all our relations”: the people, the earth, the waters, the water beings, the insects-reptiles-amphibians, the low lying plants, the four legged, the trees, the birds, the directions, the winds, the sun, the moon, the stars, the thunderers, the wisdom keepers, the spirit that connects us all.
Sign up HERE For a Free consultation and see how a Nature–Led Approach can transform your life today.
Major Professional Accomplishments
- Co-founded a non-profit organization
- Involved in early intervention, both in public and private schools
- Presented at professional occupational therapy conferences
- Worked as international speaker and facilitator
- Founded a private practice
- Served as a consultant and parent/child OT coach
- Taught workshops and led retreats for various organizations
- Directed a private k-8 school
Area of Advanced Training
- Compassionate communication – Marshall Rosenberg
- Polyvagal theory
- Truama informed care
- Sensory Processing- Advanced clinician with Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation – Dr Lucy Jane Miller and Dr. Sarah Schoen
- Listening therapy – Advanced Brain Technologies
- Traditional herbalism- Advanced certification with Rosemary Gladstar
- Kamana Naturalist Training – Primitive arts, and nature connection techniques- The work of Jon Young, and others.
- Paul Raphael – On the gifts of being human.
Professional and Personal Influencers
- My relationship with the natural world – my greatest teachers.
- A. Jeane Ayres – Sensory Integration Theory and technique
- Dr. Lisa Feldman Barrett – Theory of Constructed Emotion
- Michelle Garcia Winner – Social Learning
- Gary Keilhofner (Alexis Henry as a passionate influencer) – Model of Human Occupation
- Jon Young – Sociology, Anthropology and Deep Nature Connection Practices
- Darcia Narvaez, Ph.D. – Neurobiology and the Development of human morality
- Mary Sue Williams and Sherry Shellenberger – The Alert Program
- Bernie Krause – Soundscaping
- Dr. Gabor Mate – trauma, healing, addictions, ADHD
- Gordon Neufeld – Ph.D. – Developmental Neuroscience
- John Holt – How children learn
- Sharon Blackie Ph.D. – Celtic myth and legend.
- The collective minds at the Harvard Center for the Developing Child
- Stanley Greenspan – Floortime Approach
- Richard Louv- Shedding popular light on “Nature Deficit Disorder”
- Dr. John Medina – Brain Rules
- Dr. Daniel J. Siegel – Resilience, Child Development, and The difficult child
- John Taylor Gatto- Author, teacher, visionary, speaker for children rights
- Dr. Mariana Brussoni- Research for risky free play and the developmental needs of children.
- Dr. Ross Greene – non-punitive, non-adversarial, trauma-informed model of care
- Paul Raphael – Native life Wisdom – the gifts of being alive
- Michael Caduto and Joseph Bruchac – Storytelling – the Keepers Series
- Peter Levine Ph.D. – Trauma-informed somatic care
- Joanna Faber & Julie King – Reflective listening, collaborative problem solving with kids.
- Dr. Norman Doidge – Neuroplasticity and the human brain
- Deep gratitude for the work, mentorship, programs, wisdom sharing, and soul caring of so many that have prepared me to offer what I can to the world. I am grateful for those I have studied with as well as those I have shared collaborative experience, conversation and space —both professionally and personally (these things cannot be separated)
- Mom and Dad and my grandparents.